Hello! So it appears I have been tagged to play along in one of those “I ask questions, you ask questions, we all learn about each other” things. I usually get these from my mom in e-mail form, but it’s way more exciting to get them from fellow bloggers. (Thanks for the tag Karyn) Seeing as I have some spare time these days due taper I played along. Pass it on!
1) Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2) Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer.
3) Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4) Notify the people you have tagged.
5) No tag backs.
11 things about me:
- I didn’t learn to ride a bike until I was 6. Late bloomer at most things.
- I have an ape index of +3 (that means my arms are 3” longer than my height)
- I have a degree in Mathematics. Yes, Math. I’m pretty nerdy and I love Science, but not sure this whole number thing will keep me interested for much longer.
- My mom did Ironman in 2006. She threw down the gauntlet for me to get out there and go long. Thanks Mom!
- My dad ran the Boston Marathon and has bet me I wouldn’t make it (I still haven’t). My goals are often set by his old personal bests. Pushing my genetics to the limit!
- I stole this fact from my sister, but I have a tiny baby toe nail that can barely hold paint.
- I consider myself a sailor, skier and triathlete. In fact, I am decidedly better at skiing than triathlon and I can’t wait till ski season!
- On that note, I lived in Whistler, BC for 7 years.
- On a more serious note and something I don’t often talk about, I deal with depression and have for a long time. I am inspired by people that can talk about it so openly and hope that anyone suffering with this realizes it’s nothing to be ashamed of.
- I love that fake cheese stuff they put on nachos at hockey games.
- I consider myself sarcastic, but not cynical.
1) What is your favourite place you have ever travelled to, and why?
San Sebastian Spain. It’s so lush and beautiful.
2) If you could go anywhere in the world that you have never been before, where would it be?
India, maybe because I’m reading Shantaram
3) Would you ever consider doing an Ironman triathlon? (That is, if you haven’t already. If you have, would you do it again??)
Done one, number two is in 5 days. Yikes!
4) Who is your sporting hero?
Like Karyn, Clara Hughes. She speaks out about her depression and has inspired me to do the same.
5) Do you have a crazy guilty pleasure?
I don’t get guilty about my pleasures. Everything in moderation and balance. Like: too much tequila one day = veggies and exercise the next!
6) Dogs or cats?
Cats. I know! Shhhh, don’t tell all those dog people.
7) Do you have any strange piercings or tattoo(s)?
I have a navel ring and have for 13 years. Whenever I see other women with then, I usually think something like “isn’t she too old for that” and then realize I’m 31.
8) Swim, bike or run?
All three. In that order. I really can’t choose. I like them all.
9) What is your favourite race distance?
Tough question. I would have said longer as I can usually wear people down with endurance, but these days I’ve been doing well at the short distances too. I’ll say Ironman….as that’s what it’ll be on Sunday!
10) Do you believe in ghosts?
11) Did my questions bore you?
NO! This was a great distraction from obsessing over the race this weekend while I wait for IT to fix something I need for work!
My 11 questions:
- What race is on your bucket list?
- If you could go for a bike ride with anyone, who would it be?
- If you had a super power, what would it be?
- Are you ticklish?
- Time or money?
- Is life going the way you wanted it to?
- Ocean or lake?
- Do you have a favorite quote? What is it?
- Do you remember your first race? What was it? How did you do?
- Which word in the dictionary is spelled incorrectly?
- Do you think Bono and U2 will ever find what they are looking for?
My tags. Umm yeah, barely know 11 people so here are 4:
SMO (my teeny fit friend that loves adventure and her 3 kids)
Gillian (the “thank god she turned pro” triathlete I see around the watering hole)
Steph (a stumbled-upon fellow IM enthusiast)
Mary Eggers (super rad, inspiring kick champion)
Play along if you have time. If not, no worries!
#2232 Ironman Canada 2012