I gave a friend a ride this morning after his car got towed at cycling (ha). As we stepped into the car I apologized for the lack of leg room due to the car seat behind the passenger. He looked at the floor of my car and said “oh good, I don’t feel so bad. My car is always a mess.” I took absolutely no offense to this as it’s clear my car is a complete disaster, but I did think it might be time to clean it out. A few weeks ago SMO wrote a post about the contents of her massive swim backpack so I thought I would document the contents of my 2006 Slate Grey Pontiac Vibe.
- one child car seat
- one box Pampers size 4 diapers that I have been too lazy to take inside
- one cheap road tire for my trainer that I have also been too lazy to take inside (note: above two items are still in car)
- one pair Brooks Green Silence running shoes, size8. This shoe is discontinued and I seriously think they should bring it back.
- one pair ugly orange cycling glasses
- one Ergo baby carrier
- one pair winter mittens
- one pair baby shoes that haven’t fit my son for at least 16 months
- 3 cycling water bottles
- one toddler sippy cup
- one Cheerio dusted Tupperware container
- one bottle hairspray (I have no good reason for this)
- one full can of San Pelegrino Clementine pop; 2% juice
- one granola bar (note: above two items are also still in the car for emergency low blood sugar)
- 8 paper coffee cups from two chain coffee shops
- a large assortment of garbage, Cheerios, raisins and,
- no less than 8 stainless steel coffee mugs. EIGHT. (this is where promo items go to die)
Surprisingly, there was no triathlon specific crap in there. It must be in my bag.